Raising Community Awareness
Things you can do for Raising Awareness in your community.
It does NOT take an organization of thousands or fifty women in a group to make change and raise awareness. All it takes is you!
Here are some “One Mom Makes A Difference” projects that you can do in your local area:
- Do posters or flyers for Cesarean Awareness Month and post them at your local consignment store, nursing school, college, library…
- Send an email to one person in your state legislature, or send one email to a hundred.
- Let your Congressperson know about the Cesarean Epidemic
- Hand out cesarean awareness ribbons
- Create a Library display (see below)
- Sponsor a table/Woman a table at a local birth fair.
- Start a local Cesarean Recovery/Planning a VBAC/Awareness Month group on Google Groups or Yahoo Groups.
- Do Cesarean Recovery/Planning a VBAC/Awareness Month meet-ups (http://www.MeetUp.com)
Quick Tips for Library Displays:
Always ask the Head Librarian well in advance of the dates you want to display.