Louisiana State Resources:
1. State Insurance Commissioner:
For information on how-to file a complaint
2. State Medical Board:
The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners (LSBME) is responsible for protecting the public’s health and safety by determining qualifications of applicants for licensure, enforcing the medical practice act through the rule making process and by disciplining licensees who do not follow the rules or adhere to generally accepted standards of practice.
3. State Minority Office:
4. State Nursing Board:
To safeguard the life and health of the citizens of Louisiana by assuring persons practicing as Registered Nurses and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses are competent and safe.
5. State Midwives Organization
6. State Friends of Midwifery:
This is a listing of different resources and information that may be of help to someone wishing to have a natural birth in Louisiana.
7. State Healthy Start or Associated Improved Pregnancy Program/Director’s email:
Our goal is to link pregnant women to the services they need to help them be healthy, and have healthy babies.
8. State Pregnant Patient’s Bill of Rights or Patient’s Bill of Rights:
Unable to locate.
9. State Medicaid Complaint Information: